We provide funding for mobility equipment including:

- Powered wheelchairs

- Manual wheelchairs

- Sports, all terrain, off road and beach wheelchairs

- Specialist buggies

- Walkers

- Specialist Trikes

- Mobile hoists

- Power packs (to add power to a manual chair)

- Car seats and harnesses.

(However, if you have a registered Motability car, we advise that you apply to Motability for the car seat. For more information, see the link here: Motability. Motability has told us that the easiest way to start the process with them is by calling 0344 8000 900 and selecting option 2.  This will put you directly through to a Grants Case Manager who will take you through their application process.  At this point, options to send in the application online or as a paper document will be explained)

We do not provide funding for:

- Static equipment such as specialist chairs, seating and beds

- Standing frames

- Static exercise bikes and treadmills

- Hoists (except mobile hoists)

- Vehicles or vehicle adaptations

- Ramps, lifts and building works

- Sheds for storing mobility equipment

- Non-mobility equipment such as communication aids, lap tops or sensory rooms

- Wheelchairs that are mainly for school use (for example, to traverse a large secondary school between lessons). We believe these should be funded by a young person’s Education, Health and Care Plan

- Equipment for a school or community group such as a specialist trike